I love my cousin. She is one of a kind. Here is her post from February 9th.
BE STILL MY BEATING HEART
I confess, I am totally addicted to the reality show "The Bachelor." It is so full of romance! It really gives me hope that I can find true love and my soulmate one day. Each week I watch the show, and I get to see this fabulous guy falling in love and I think to myself, one day, Mr. Right will be falling in love with me! My heart pitter pats when he hands roses to all the right girls, and sends all the wrong girls home. Ha, take that loser girl! You don't get a rose at the rose ceremony!
Reality TV hit the nail on the head when they scripted out this show. I love how all the cast of characters have a debrief session of their feelings on the camera every night. And then blessed be America, we get to watch it! Oh, and can we contain our excitement for when they launched the Bacholette?
What can be more romantic and heartwarming than a bachelor who is looking for love? Especially when he is kissing, making out, and claiming to be falling in love with four or fourteen different women for four or fourteen different reasons all at the same time?
I think it is great how catty and jealous all the girls are. These women are super smart! They agree to go on a show, have their entire life subjected to being recorded, compete for love and then cry and act shamefully disappointed on TV when they get sent home.
If you can't tell, most of this post is pure sarcasm. I don't watch the show. I am appalled and turned off just because of the freaking commercials. If a chick or a dude is stupid enough to go on a show like that, stupid enough to think that they are in a real relationship inside of this totally fake and controlled setting, and then they are stupid enough to be hurt by the outcome - they need to have a lobotomy. Or get kicked in the shin and punched in the nose.
P.S. The only thing more pathetic than the fact that The Bachelor is still on the air is that 90210 and Melrose Place are back on the air with some of the original actors. Couldn't they have chosen a better show to revive like ALF, Dukes of Hazard, 21 Jumptreet or Gilligan's Island?
Hello world!
2 years ago


3 comments:
You're mean! The Bachelor is one of my favorite shows!
Amen!
So you all do realize that its all "wanna be" actors on that show...looking for their 15 min of fame. I can't stand reality TV period...I have my own reality at home...if I have 30 min to sit and watch TV I want to see acting (good acting). So I am totally with your friend and being turned off at the commercials.
Post a Comment