I cut Aaron's hair today. And his ear.
Yup, I'm feeling pretty good about my skills.
You'd think I'd also feel bad about not blogging for weeks, but somehow I don't. Making my kid bleed is worth feeling bad about. We're talking steady flow of blood for about 5 minutes. I was, somehow, able to keep the fact that he was gushing blood from being noticed by him. Skittles. Amazing little things.
During dinner I told Aaron to tell Dad what Mom did to him today. He said, "She cut my hair". Then he went back to eating his peaches.
I totally could have gotten away with it. But, I thought I'd share it with you all so you don't feel bad when you have stellar moments. They come to us all. That's a fact.


8 comments:
You are a stellar mom. I aspire to your stellarness. I miss you!
Aw. I'm glad you both survived it!
Mad skillz! I've cut David's ear once. And my own hand several times . . .
Perhaps a premonition on his becoming a great artist!
as the mom of a 14 month old who's already needed SIX haircuts, this outcome is inevitable in my future. Thanks for the distraction tip. (note to self - keep skittles in the house). i had a "graze" a few months ago and moved to the electric razor around the ears. bodie thinks it tickles so he moves more (which might explain the "creative" hair line around his ears), but he still has his ears in tact...for now.
Wait a second, I hadn't heard about this! I guess I'll be cutting his hair from now on. It may look awful, but at least I don't make him bleed :)
poor thing! That's exactly why I decided to not even try. Of course I kind-of second guessed my decision when we had Henry's hair cut for the first time on Monday and it cost us $25.00. :)
You are awesome. Thanks for sharing : )
Post a Comment