Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Memory

I took the kids out for a bike ride. Yes, I survived but I did make Aaron WALK his bike down the hill that he crashed on. Actually, now that I've seen it again it wasn't the hill that got him. He was about 20 feet from the hill. (That's one playback I don't need to see when I get to heaven).

Anyhoo, we ended up at a park with sand. We typically don't go to parks with sand because the other Moms don't like it. I personally don't care. (My peeve is bubbles). Wow, I'm distractable today. Is that even a word? I'll try to stay on topic.

Back to the park with sand. Peter loves the sand and today he really dug in. He had at least a tablespoon in each shoe and who knows how much down his pants and shirt. It reminded me of the first time Aaron started in on the sand. We were visiting a park down in Old Town Alexandria by the Real Estate company I worked for. I bent down and played with him. You know how the pants these days that sit on your hips open up a little in the back when you bend? Well, Aaron was playing with a borrowed scoop and decided that that little opening would be a perfect place to dump his sand. I didn't see it coming. I would have loved to be the Mom sitting across from us watching that happen. It's very hard to get sand out of your pants without undressing. It was a long ride home.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

LOLOL!

I am totally imagining this scene and it just gave me the best laugh of the day!

Heidi said...

I am laughing out loud! That is the best story ever! Scratchy, but funny! (no pun intended)

Melinda said...

Goodness sakes, that is hysterical! Itcharama! (In keeping with the theme of using words that may or may not really be words.)