After Pappy died my brothers and I were down in his shop. We stood there looking at two Hasselblads that were completely torn apart. Pappy had started the repair job for a local photo shop named Howells.
Wes, Nate, and I looked at the cameras then looked at each other. Then looked at the cameras, then looked at each other. "What do you think?", "I don't know, what do you think?", "Can you fix that?", "Hh, NO!, Can you?", "Nope", "What should we do?", "No idea", "Hmph". We walked out shaking our heads thinking "Sure glad I'm not Howells".
Wes got the fun job of bagging up the tiny pieces and taking them back to the owner. Wes handed over about $60,000 worth of itsy bitsy torn apart camera pieces with a "Sorry, Jim died. Hope you can find someone to put these back together for you. Have a good day."
The image of that poor man standing there in what must have been stunned silence still makes me laugh. Not many people have the skill to put a $30,000 camera back together these days. Pappy was one of a kind. He is missed. Wonder if Howells ever got the cameras put back together....
Hello world!
2 years ago


1 comment:
Oh wow. That is kinda funny, in a very sad he is gond kind of way>
Post a Comment