Tuesday, March 9, 2010

National Marathon

The National Marathon is next weekend. I signed up with two friends as a relay team. I started running back in January so I could make it in the time allotted. A week and a half into running my ankle started hurting so I stopped running. It took 2 weeks of no running just to get it to stop hurting when I walked! Great! How am I supposed to get into shape if I can't run?

I start thinking of ways to support my ankle. I think, a brace? Maybe wrap it? I remember that I have some braces and ace bandages from when I was the Ice Skating Director for the Special Olympics. I had to wear braces and double wrap my ankles so I could stand in ice skates for a few hours. I'm thinking, "I bet I can dig those out of somewhere". Then I think, "Am I insane? I had trouble just STANDING, not skating around the rink, just standing!"

I think about it some more and decide that even though I think running past the memorials would be exhilarating it's not worth the doctors bills. I'm out. Sorry team!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Such a pain getting old! I wanted to do a race around Antelope Island this month, but had to drop the plans because of knee pain. So much for getting in shape!

Snow Flakes said...

no baseball, no ice skating, no running... how about rock climbing? Or you should just hangout with me. It could be fun. Really Really fun.