Basically, I called the Dr. and he immediately put Aaron on a run of antibiotics for a MONTH. The nurse also had to dig around in Aaron's shoulder to get a small piece of the Bug That I Curse out of it. Aaron just sat there calmly while she did it. I couldn't believe how controlled he was. She hadn't used any local on him so he was feeling it all.
Luckily, Aaron isn't showing any symptoms of Lyme's, although he has to go back in for a follow up blood test in 3 weeks to be sure.
I've always loved living on the edge of our forest. Now, not so much.
POST FROM 4/14/2010
I'm usually a big fan of getting the kids outside. Helps them sleep and makes the night easier. But, after the week I've just had I'm thinking of banning the outdoors.
First, Roland took Aaron and Peter to a community cleanup. That night while changing Aaron into his jammies I told Roland I thought he had poison ivy. Roland said he didn't and since Roland is the outdoors man I believed him. Sunday Aaron gets dressed by himself. Monday I dress him and freak out with the rash all over his body. I look at Peter and yup, he's got a few red spots too. So, I call the Dr. and make an appointment. From the doorway the Dr. says, "Looks like they got into some poison ivy." I was having a really big TOLD YOU SO moment right then.
A few days later I'm slathering lotion all over Aaron and what do I find? I deer tick really enjoying a meal on Aaron's shoulder. I have to say, I'm not a big fan of pulling a tick out of my kids flesh. Ugh. Roland really needed to be at home at that moment. I check Peter and he's not sporting any new appendages but his rash is getting worse, but different. Great. Looks like another trip to the doctor.
Yeah, not so pleased with the out of doors right now.
First, Roland took Aaron and Peter to a community cleanup. That night while changing Aaron into his jammies I told Roland I thought he had poison ivy. Roland said he didn't and since Roland is the outdoors man I believed him. Sunday Aaron gets dressed by himself. Monday I dress him and freak out with the rash all over his body. I look at Peter and yup, he's got a few red spots too. So, I call the Dr. and make an appointment. From the doorway the Dr. says, "Looks like they got into some poison ivy." I was having a really big TOLD YOU SO moment right then.
A few days later I'm slathering lotion all over Aaron and what do I find? I deer tick really enjoying a meal on Aaron's shoulder. I have to say, I'm not a big fan of pulling a tick out of my kids flesh. Ugh. Roland really needed to be at home at that moment. I check Peter and he's not sporting any new appendages but his rash is getting worse, but different. Great. Looks like another trip to the doctor.
Yeah, not so pleased with the out of doors right now.


4 comments:
Gen, there is NEVER a dull moment at your house! Hang in there!
This is one of my biggest fears. the deer walk right up to our front door here. this weekend three were grazing in the front yard when we drove home...they just watched us pull in. I decided to have the main lawn area treated...I hope he doesn't get lyme - praying for you!
I wondered where the post had gone. Don't worry too much about the tick. After having lived in Missouri and if you live in the country all you have to do is walk outside to get a tick on you... I've pulled of many ticks on myself and my siblings and non of us has ever gotten Lyme disease.
I hate ticks--this makes me cringe! I'm impressed that you were able to pull it off of him.
Post a Comment