My Grandmother on my Pappy's side is Ida Hone. She was born in Idaho. Whenever I tell people this I wait for their reaction. I NEVER get one. I on the other hand am always trying not to laugh.
Anyone? Anyone?
Am I the only one that finds the similarity between the two names amusing? It would be like me naming a kid Verge Henyon. Except my last name isn't Henyon so I couldn't make it work.
Anyone? I'm laughing right now. Anyone else laughing? Am I totally alone in this? Roland? Marlow? Anyone?
Hello world!
2 years ago


7 comments:
Still giggling.....
That is too funny. I got it immediately and having lived in UT if the people in ID are anything like them (and I'm told they are)that sounds exactly like something they would do!
I admit it, I chuckled. Of course I had to go back adn read it a second time to be sure I got it. What can I say, it's still early!
I'm laughing hard!
I read this yesterday and I'm still laughing! I can't stop! Ida Hone - Idahoan! Woohoo! Maybe she and my aunt Alta Butt can get together for a little laugh on the other side.
I do like the name Verge Henyon. Maybe if there's another boy... First name Verge, middle name Henyon...
Hmm, We could move to Colorado Springs and name our boy Colorado.
Well, after the sting of fun-poking at my neighbors' expense wore off...
With that title, I thought your post was going to be about the way Aaron pronounced Idaho! Funny. I laugh at the natives constantly.
Seriously? No one gets this? Obviously I am super sensitive. Her parents really did that? I guess they just couldn't miss the opportunity. I hope she had a great, GREAT sense of humor.
Post a Comment